View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 08:18 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
imp conversion of HarryT's illustrated Austen series. I will do the others as well. to avoid confusion in case of further revisions i have copied the title of HarryT's post, including version number and date (they correspond to the mobi version i converted).

conversion notes :
1. thanks to Nick's brilliant conversion tool, i can make an .imp 1150 *and* a 1200 version with almost no extra effort on my part, so i have included both here. the color illustrations make the 1200 particularly worthwhile.

2. the images from the original file were too large / the wrong proportions for imp screen size. when resizing them, i took into account the proportions of the 1150 screen, since that seems to be significantly more prevalent than the 1200. As a result, a few of the images are *still* too large for the 1200 screen, and the bottom edge may be slightly cut off. Since this part of the illustration contains only the caption, which is repeated in the body of the text immediately after the illustration, i decided not to redo TWO sets of images. any perfectionist 1200 owners who want to redo the images themselves however are welcome to my source files !

HarryT's original description :
Gallant first effort. You nailed it with the 1150 version.

I may have a go at the "cut off" 1200 version. This is a hard problem to solve for BOTH versions with the same code and same images! Got anything against justified text?

p.s. the link above should be Nick's brilliant conversion tool.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote