View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 03:23 AM   #83
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_omega View Post
I code comic books and manga for the various eReader devices and am finding that if I use "KindleGen v2.9 for Windows (XP, Vista, 7)" and then strip the file with "kindlestrip.py 1.35"...
The end of the books show repeated pages and pages that are out of order (sometimes even the book's cover repeated). If I try to upload this data to KDP, I get an invalid mobi file error.

[Update: the problem seems to be with KindleGen v2.9. Downgrading to v2.8 doesn't have the issue when running KindleStrip.]
Thanks for the report. If you could send me (paul@durrant.co.uk) source files that show the problem, I might be able to take a look at some point in the next couple of weeks.

Note that if you're uploading to Amazon for KDP, there's no need to use KindleStrip unless the pre-kindlestrip files are above Amazon's file upload limit.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote