View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #499
Mikeyboards
Connoisseur
Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: CybkG3; iPads; Kindle PW2, Fire; NookGlow; KoboGlo, Aura HD, Aura One;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
BTW, my distaste is not just for this issue. Twice I have had problems with purchasing ebooks from them (which I stopped doing a long time ago). One book I purchased and downloaded was blank -- nothing existed beyond the cover. I emailed - no response. I called and they said they would "look into it." (like this year?) Three calls and three months later they finally agreed to refund my purchase. But what's worse is that I checked the book six months later and they were still selling the bad file/book. Nothing had been fixed.
I have had several problems with ordering ebooks from the as well, and I haven't even ordered that many! There's one called "Labyrinth of Osiris" which, to this day, contains the wrong book entirely! They not only didn't fix it, after months and months, and after being informed twice (at least) about it, but they never responded to PayPal when I was forced to go through them (PayPal) for a refund, where I reiterated the info. PayPal refunded my money after a period during which they repeatedly contacted Kobo for a response, to no avail.
I have only recently (finally) decided to attempt buying a few more ebooks, at low prices and/or with promo codes, but only after verifying (with a sample) that the content looks correct. (Just wanted to have a few fresh ebooks/kepubs for when the Aura arrives.)

Last edited by Mikeyboards; 04-24-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Mikeyboards is offline   Reply With Quote