View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #914
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
I hear you. I like to root for the hobbyists too. Do you know much about the developer of Marvin? my understanding is that he is an ex-Googler, and it looks to me like it is a startup vs hobby http://marvinapp.com/. Don't know the biz model plan, but seems focused on search, and we know how that is usually monetized. Still an awesome app in any case and I wish him the best. I really appreciate the various ereader apps and they inspire me to keep working hard. Readmill is currently one of my faves on iPad, and Aldiko on Android. My long time favorite was Stanza, until it fell into the hands of you-know-who.

And yes, Bluefire falls into the commercial camp, though we are not trying to monetize our users, and in many ways, it is kind of like a hobby in the sense that we do some features just for users based on their requests, that our commercial customers don't care about (e.g. Collections, swipe up/down for brightness, system font support, registering the mime type, etc)

And actually, please DO keep pushing me on priorities, as it is really easy to get sucked into the daily need to make sales/happy customers, and I do want to keep my eye on what makes the app great for people who love to read.
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote