View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 04:36 AM   #15
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
i seem to have solved this - I'd already tried control panel - internet options - security - set everything to default. that had not worked so I went thru all the internet zone settings.

there is one called "launching applications and unsafe files" - choices were enable, disable, prompt and it had defaulted to disable. I changed it to "prompt" & google now happily downloads calibre installer. strangely I don't get any "prompt" & windows does not do its annoying " blocked because this file came from another computer" trick either.

I'm still convinced that either a recent windows update or a chrome update messed with that setiing while I was not looking

( IIRC microsft rushas aout a browser security fix lat week - maybe they tweaked some default otpions )
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote