View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #154
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymc View Post
So, basically, in the future MobileRead will be a Tapatalk-only site. *Everyone* will be required to either use Tapatalk, be forced to carry a Tapatalk cookie or have to endure Tapatalk pop-ups?

Did I miss anything?
a few things actually ...

- You only get prompted for TapTalk when you run on a mobile device, such as smartphone, not when accessing Mobileread from PC. - This is a good thing

- when you access through browser in Android, you get the prompt and when you dismiss it, you are switched to "Desktop" version of site. Is this supposed to be like this, or should a "mobile" version of this site appear when browsing from a mobile phone?

- The prompt that tells you about the app doesn't mention that you might need to PAY for said app

- When you agree and click OK, you are transfered to google market app, but TapTalk isn't selected for you, and since ypu haven't been paying attention when the dialog appeared you try to look for "Mobileread" in the app store - which returns no results. (and when it works as advertised, you get no second prompt to re-read carefully, due to that cookie ;-) )

The above observations are result of a very brief experience. Just yesterday I went to mobile provider store to play with HTC devices, because I am trying to decide which one I want to buy for a family member. I wanted to see what the browser looked like, so I visited the site I see most often - Mobileread.

By the way, is there version of Mobileread.com tuned for mobile devices with a *very* small display (compared to 19 inch monitor)?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote