View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 12:35 AM   #16
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by deleteriousone View Post
Any assistance is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.
Let's see if I can be more help.

Quote:
I have now Calibre setup so that it imports recognizing series and number in the series. I have given up on having it put the files in genre as when the books are imported. I will have to manually sort each book into genre for those authors that write both fiction and non-fiction books.
How did you do this?

Quote:
What I really want Calibre to do is also bring in the author's name listed as Ln, Fn by default so I do not have to use the Manage Authors function to change every author.
That would require you changing all of your file names prior to import to a format similar to LN, FN - series 01 - title of book.epub

Quote:
I really do not want to have to rename each file as this would be even more work for the files from the purchased DVD collections which had cryptic names which were linked to via html pages.

Calibre did a great job in my test with with these files reading the metadata. In fact once I get the author name import sorted out I will probably export from Calibre to better file name.
Your best bet since you don't want to rename the files is to let calibre read the metadata and populate the library as FN LN for Author. Once your library is populated read this thread, change the below tweak, then use the search and replace outlined in post 12 of that thread to change the author field from FN LN to LN, FN.

Preferences - Tweak
Quote:
Author sort name algorithm

The algorithm used to copy author to author_sort Possible values are:
invert: use "fn ln" -> "ln, fn" (the default algorithm)
copy : copy author to author_sort without modification
comma : use 'copy' if there is a ',' in the name, otherwise use 'invert'
nocomma : "fn ln" -> "ln fn" (without the comma)
When this tweak is changed, the author_sort values stored with each author
must be recomputed by right-clicking on an author in the left-hand tags pane,
selecting 'manage authors', and pressing 'Recalculate all author sort values'.

I believe you would want to set this to comma. That way your author sort will reflect your desire to sort on last name.

author_sort_copy_method = 'comma'
Quote:
Thanks again for putting up with a noob. No animosity is intended in any reply which I have made. If any have been taken as being confrontational , I apologize.
No need to apologize to me. I just hope what I pointed to helps you get your setup the way you like.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-16-2011 at 12:47 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote