View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 02:23 PM   #69
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmorrissey View Post

The collates.txt is some kind of code so I have no idea how to make that for Italian.

The morphems.txt is apparently code that will recognize plurals, masc./fem. endings and verb endings and send you back to the main entry, which I guess could get complicated, but the one for English doesn't look all that complicated (though I don't understand it).

The collates is actually an index for all the forms of a letter. You put all the various forms on one side of the '=' and the plain capital letter on the other side, if I understand it correctly. For Italian you could leave it as it is in English, as it already seems to include every possible form of the letters in the latin alphabet.

Now the morphems is another story. I could try to decipher it, but the problem is, I wanted to convert a greek dictionary, and it seems that the greek morphems are endless. If I can't find a ready list I think I'm going to give up, it's too much work. I suppose that not having a good morphems.txt would be frustrating when looking up for example a verb in third person plural past perfect tense and getting nothing in return.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote