View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I recently upgraded Mobipocket Creator Publisher Edition v4.2 build 41 from build 40.

I also upgraded my Mobipocket Reader to Version : 6.2 Build 608 from an older build.

Now, some html codes for curly quotes and apostrophes are "gone" i.e. so little boxes! I was upgrading my Webster's Dictionary 1913 (ver 2.1) and noticed that the same html code renders differently (see below images) from the ver 2.0 Dictionary I posted earlier. The ver 2.0 ebook appears find in the updated Mobipocket Reader.

Here's the Html code (I put a space between the &# and digits so that you can see them) for the "Frequent" dictionary entry:
Code:
<idx:entry><p><big><a name="MBP_TOC_E494"><b><idx:orth>Fre&# 180;quent</idx:orth></b></big> , <i>a.</i>
[L. <i>frequens</i>, <i>-entis</i>, crowded, frequent, akin to <i>farcire</i>
to stuff: cf. F. <i>frequent</i>. Cf. <a href="#MBP_TOC_D014">Farce</a>, <i>n.</i>]
<b>1.</b> Often to be met with; happening at short intervals; often repeated or occurring;
as <i>frequent</i> visits. &# 180;<i>Frequent</i> feudal towers.&# 180; <i>Byron.</i>
<b>2.</b> Addicted to any course of conduct; inclined to indulge in any practice; habitual;
persistent. &# 8220;He has been loud and <i>frequent</i> in declaring himself hearty for the
government.&# 8221; <i>Swift.</i> <b>3.</b> Full; crowded; thronged. [Obs.] &# 8220;&# 8217;T 
is Caesar&# 8217;s will to have a <i>frequent</i> senate.&# 8221; <i>B. Jonson.</i> 
<b>4.</b> Often or commonly reported. [Obs.] &# 8220;&# 8217;T is <i>frequent</i> in the city
he hath subdued<br>The Catti and the Daci.” <i>Massinger.</i></p></idx:entry>
I don't know what caused this: Mobipocket Creator alone or combination Creator/Reader.

And, yes, I have installed the ETI software as well, but can deal with that .opf file association problem.
Could it be that you simply use another font? Or maybe you have changed the default language?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote