View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
You mention bad text flow and a desire for improved structure detection. It sounds to me like you just want to edit the EPUB to fix some earlier conversion problems?
yep - really I am explorign calibrea capabilites - the book is readable as is but Im curiosu as to whether further automated imporvements are possible.

more puszzling errors though - this time to took the .mobi version as my source ( as made by calibre from tehepub) and converted that to rtf - no problwm.

but the when I tell calibre to start with the rtf that it hs just made and convert back in to modi it throws up a bunch of errors & quits ???

why does it have trouble using it;s own output as a source file ?
details:
InputFormatPlugin: RTF Input running
on C:\Users\dad\Documents\Calibre Library\Richard Dawkins\The God Delusion (470)\The God Delusion - Richard Dawkins.rtf
Converting RTF to XML...
Preprocessing to convert unicode characters
Failed to preprocess RTF to convert unicode sequences, ignoring...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\rtf\input.py", line 173, in preprocess
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\rtf\preprocess.py", line 124, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\rtf\preprocess.py", line 198, in processUnicode
Exception: Error: incorect utf replacement.

C:\Users\dad\Documents\Calibre Library\Richard Dawkins\The God Delusion (470)\The God Delusion - Richard Dawkins.rtfPython function terminated unexpectedly
Invalid RTF: document does not have matching brackets.
(Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 103, in main
File "site.py", line 85, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 107, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 24, in gui_convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 832, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 211, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\rtf\input.py", line 194, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\rtf\input.py", line 89, in generate_xml
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\rtf2xml\ParseRtf.py", line 238, in parse_rtf
calibre.ebooks.rtf2xml.ParseRtf.InvalidRtfExceptio n: Invalid RTF: document does not have matching brackets.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote