View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 07:29 PM   #25
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by saikyo View Post
Hello,

I used to have an Oberon case for my Kindle Keyboard... but the Kindle Keyboard recently broke and is out of warranty. It randomly reboots and sometimes will not exit the screen saver mode. So sad.

So I ordered a Paperwhite.

Any case recommendations? I LOVED the Oberon Design Case, but It's so expensive that I can't justify buying another one for the Paperwite...

I want case that will protect the Kindle and the screen well. I have a toddler who may accidently, you know, throw it. The oberon was sufficient as it is thick leather that fully covered the edges of the device. I don't want to have to take the kindle out of the case to use it. I want something that looks good as well.

Any recommendations?

Help appreciated!
Well, you can always do what I plan to do. I will probably be getting a Paperwhite this year. I love my Kindle3 Oberon Design cover, too, and I don't think there is anything else out there quite like it except for the new Oberon covers - which I cannot afford, either. So, I am going to modify my Oberon cover to fit the Paperwhite.

I can't imagine it will be that difficult, just sew in some leather loops (facilitated by the use of a leather punch and waxed thread,) or even a mix of leather and elastic loops. These loops, placed at the corners, will hold the Paperwhite securely in the cover, your eReader will be nicely protected and you get continue to use your beautiful Oberon cover!

Works for me!

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote