View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #109
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycurlylocks View Post
Much more than I can say for the Android tablet I have. I don't want to have to tweak my tablet and hope something works. I want a clean, easy, and enjoyable experience. I want to feel the aluminum in my hands, not plastic and to feel the beauty in the design. Apple is the whole experience, not just here's a piece of hardware.
What android tablet do you have and what flavor of android is it running?

I agree that Apple products tend to work effortlessly out of the box, and that is a big appeal for a lot of people. I also agree that the iPad screen ratio is ideal for reading. But what's with the aluminum? Don't most people use covers for their tablets and devices? I do. Once you put a cover on the thing, it doesn't matter what it's made of ... just so long as its solidly built.

While I think the iPad Mini will likely sell well, I can also see there being quite a few tech savvy Apple consumers who would be embarrassed to buy a product with inferior specs at a premium price. Imagine pulling one of these things out at a meeting at work or gathering of friends or family and everyone knows you willingly shelled out much more for a device with lower specs than the ones they have?

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote