View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #108
hrosvit
Moron
hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Galaxy Note 2, Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycurlylocks View Post
Why do I like Apple products? Because they work, no hassle. Much more than I can say for the Android tablet I have. I don't want to have to tweak my tablet and hope something works. I want a clean, easy, and enjoyable experience. I want to feel the aluminum in my hands, not plastic and to feel the beauty in the design. Apple is the whole experience, not just here's a piece of hardware.
We are all, obviously, free to make our own choices, based on whatever criteria we deem to be important or desirable. And it's pointless to debate which is "better", because we may all be seeking different things.

I have an iPad, an iPhone and an iPod touch. The iPod Touch has been repaired under warranty twice by Apple, and then finally replaced. The iPhone gave me fits when upgrading to iOS6, and is just as laggy as the Android phone I had before it. Its main selling point? The battery life, which went in the crapper once I "upgraded" to iOS 6. The iPad is a device that I absolutely love, but the wifi can be described as squirrely, at best, and the hotspot is similar. Random features (such as the hotspot) disappear periodically from the menus, necessitating a reboot. And my iPad has been in a case since the day I bought it, so the look and feel of aluminum is irrelevent to me, even if I agreed that aluminum was an improvement over plastic, which I don't.

So I disagree that the Apple products "work, no hassle", based on my own experience. YMMV. Does my current Android tablet or the Android phone I previously had make me crazy sometimes? Yep. But not noticeably more than the Apple products.

I do not buy electronics for an "experience", I buy them to perform a function. And when I can get a similar item that performs that function (in my, admittedly individual, opinion) better for a large chunk of money less, it would make no sense for me to buy a mini. And I had been awaiting the release with some anticipation, as I am in the market for a 7" class tablet for my son. This release has made up my mind; it will be the Nexus 7 32GB.

I hope you are happy with the mini, should you choose to buy one. It ain't for me.

Last edited by hrosvit; 10-24-2012 at 11:22 AM.
hrosvit is offline   Reply With Quote