View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #18
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I have limited info about this but i think its better to use mmcblk0p2 of the same version with mmcblk0p1. But I don't know about requirements and specific installation of kernels.

But just remembered that there is a good page about this whole process: tinyurl.com/touchunbrick
It is important that a partition and its kernel be the same version, but main and diags did not have to match in the past. Now that 5.1.0 changes both main and diags, they may both have to be 5.1.0 to prevent problems when doing an OTA update.

That Russian web page does bring all the stuff to one place, including my screenshots, my custom u-boots, my custom diags partititon (I put the "mario" password into the diags shadow file), and stuff from my other threads. I put that jagged line in my MfgTool screenshot to make it fit the MobileRead column width without shrinking it to make the text too small. He did provide a link back to my one of my threads after I sent him a message that requested that he give credit to the sources of his information and an optional link. He added the link, but "geekmaster" is not found on his web page. That is why I added the "CC BY-SA" license to all my recent posts (which requires user attribution when you copy stuff). Copying stuff without giving credit is just simple plagiarism even if you do add some of your own stuff to it. It is good to have a Russian translation of my stuff, but what I see here (and other threads) is a link to an ENGLISH translation of a Russian version of my original English stuff. He does have it all in one place, but that does not give him right to publish without giving credit to those who CREATED that content.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-29-2012 at 07:14 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote