View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 03:04 PM   #5
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I am on a less than one year old Macbook, the basic model. I don't know how wide the screen is but it's a laptop screen. Here is what I have tried so far:

1) Tried dragging in between the columns. As I said before, it then turned into arrows, but as soon as I let go of the mouse, it springs back leaving me just as constrained as I was before

2) Tried just making that whole dialogue box bigger. It worked in the moment, but once I closed the edit metadata dialog, it did not remember the settings and next time I went to open it, everything was as before.

I am attaching a screenshot. As you can see, I need more room to see the text fields. I cannot edit books this way. I was just on vacation and have a backlog of 70+ books to add, so I do not relish manually re-adjusting the size of the dialog window every time I add a book. I don't care about seeing anything more than a tony thumbnail cover in this view; I use cover flow when I want to look at covers. I don't need it taking up a third of the screen real estate! I just want back the screen I had before
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-12-31 at 3.00.02 PM.png
Views:	246
Size:	673.4 KB
ID:	63886  
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote