View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I'm sure I'm not the only person around who likes to read all the books in a series in order where possible. Obviously Calibre handles that very nicely.

However what about when you do not yet have the final books in a series? Given a choice of series available to read I would usually pick a "complete" one first. Does anyone else try to store in some way that there are additional books they need to get to "finish" the series?

I've experimented with a few methods but would love to hear from others who may have better ideas. Some things I have tried:

- if it's a trilogy, putting Trilogy in the series name. Works great for genuine trilogies but gets questionable for other counts (Duology, Quadrology etc). Also you can debate the semantics of "Trilogy" since often there are series of standalone books involving the same character that can be read independently.

- adding the number of books in the series to the series name. So it might look like "The Gatekeepers (4) [1]" for the first entry on screen. Tried this for a while but looks a bit busy though.

- adding empty book entries for books missing in the series, with a "Missing" tag so I can try to source at a later date. This is my preferred approach currently.

Does anyone else have any suggestions/thoughts?
I use Calibre's "Create empty book" feature and set it to the books cover and meta-data, just like the book would.
I created a tag "[Placeholder]" that I remove when I finally drop the book into the formats box in the Meta-data editor.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote