View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 04:53 AM   #8
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
While we're discussing batteries, I suggest that everyone read that brief piece from Apple that I linked to. Note that it says that a Lithium is fast charged to only 80% before switching to a trickle charge to reach 100%. This is generally true of all Lithiums. I'm not sure about the Sony readers, but it is common practice to extinguish the charging LED at this 80% point.

What this means is that unless you are in a hurry to finish reading some novel, leave your reader plugged in for a while after the charging LED goes out. This will ensure that you are charging the battery fully. Since most of us do need to sleep about eight hours each day, I'd suggest leaving the reader on charge overnight (or whenever you sleep).

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote