View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 04:40 AM   #7
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I assume you were writing in response to me, since no one else brought up Google.
Yes, you are the guilty party

I'm glad you weren't advocating deep discharging Lithiums. When you mentioned few discharge cycles and then conditioning, I did assume that was what you meant.

When I did a quick Google on the terms you provided, just about everything that I looked at was some non-authoritative source recommending at least some amount of deep discharge for Lithiums.

The only authoritative sources that I find that cautiously recommend such a procedure are specifically targetted at battery packs with built in charge indicator circuitry that may need periodic "calibration" if the battery is often shallowly discharged.

From what I know of the batteries used in these readers, coupled with the fact that users are very unlikely to repeatedly shallow discharge the battery, I doubt that any such "calibration" is needed.

As we both agree on, deep discharging Lithiums is a bad idea.

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote