View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 07:03 PM   #13
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Ellen if you don't mind I think I know what Nation is asking. She favors using WinCE on her Q7 I believe. If that case is true, she is strictly speaking of Q7's WinCE 6.0 vs. JoinTech's WinCE 5.0. This was in response to my comment about JoinTech possibly running more WinCE applications without trouble than the Q7. There are many older WinCE applications that don't work for some reason or another on the Q7. There also seems to be some Windows Mobile applications that run on WinCE 5.0 that don't seem to work on WinCE 6.0. As far as Linux goes, I do believe there are more applications available for the Q7 if you are looking at it from the linux perspective.

I don't think one is better than the other, its just a matter of which OS you prefer. WinCE seems to be a little easier for users to pick up because most of us come into contact with a Windows PC on a daily basis for one thing or another. On that note, I will do my best to find devices to review that are not only based on WinCE. The first two reviews are definately based on WinCE but that is just the beginning. Also, don't forget the mention of the processor included in the device I'll be reviewing second. Before you pick up anything else, I'm betting we will see a lot of new devices using the same processor the Archos and iPhone are using. Not only are they very fast for web browsing, they have excellent video abilities. We will definately be seeing some devices based on Android in this form factor.

Last edited by ColdSun; 10-14-2009 at 07:08 PM.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote