View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 02:57 PM   #7
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why would you need to hack your phone? iPhone tethering is available as a perfectly "legit" option with UK contact (and contract-free) iPhones; is it not available in the US?
And it won't work with the iPhone/iPad combo, since wifi tethering isn't possible with an unhacked iPhone. Only Bluetooth or USB tethering is possible under AT&T's new option.

One can jailbreak their phone and use a program called MyWi to tether using wifi. Otherwise, to stay legit, I suppose I could add tethering for another $20 or so per month, tether my laptop, and use it as a wifi hotspot for the iPad instead. Not exactly practical in my case, but it might work for some.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote