View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 06:27 AM   #13
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's correct, but it doesn't prevent you from reading the book. How often do you use the TOC when reading a novel?
Sigh...so you're saying because it's a flaw, it's not important. We might as well go another step and call it an unintended "feature" and that it gives "character" to an otherwise uneventful ebook reader menu.

I have a few dozen Chinese books on my Sony. Before changing the fonts, they would only show up in the book list as a series of blank squares, making them all pretty much identical and rendering the menus useless for navigation.

Now I don't read Chinese on my 505 because the screen quality is insufficient for text, but the menu problem would remain for anyone who doesn't buy one with built-in Unicode-capable fonts. It's especially the case here since Sony units here are not sold domestically, but rather imported from the USA.

For the initial poster...it's an unfortunate situation, but publishers don't care and most ebook device makers don't care.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote