Thread: Glo Android on Glo
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 03:40 AM   #104
sysKin
Connoisseur
sysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the endsysKin knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Aura HD, after a train ate my Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sysKin View Post
I was able to make mount work by removing "remount" option and adding -t ext4 option. However, this changed the error to permission denied. It looked like /system was mounted read-only.
Heh, so eventually I just mounted the SD card under Ubuntu and copied all the stuff manually... and still nothing!
What I mean is, I seem to have all the apks installed, busybox and su copied and linked correctly, and the only part of the root script that still didn't work is "push com.smart.swkey /data/data/com.smart.swkey" part because any access to data/data/ is denied...

And afterwards, I still don't get any android launcher. What am I doing wrong? >_<
From what I can tell I might actually have root access, but no launcher so I can't actually start any app.
Or perhaps someone would be just so kind as to upload a rooted img.... I'd be most grateful. [edit] nevermind, I used Marek's awesome Touch image but undid 01-->00 resolution change. flashing now. Thanks Marek!!

Did anyone start with the 1.1 version of the firmware, rather than from 1.0? What I noticed is that 1.2.4 is even more snappy than 1.0 but I can't tell if it's their app or the entire OS.

Last edited by sysKin; 11-17-2013 at 07:04 AM.
sysKin is offline   Reply With Quote