Thread: Glo Android on Glo
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #95
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
I've taken the value from nxt_hwconfig.c:
Code:
const char * gszDisplayResolutionA[]={"800x600","1024x758","1024x768","1440x1080"};// Display resolution .
It doesn't work though, it just turns on the frontlight and hangs. Probably some changes at kernel level are needed, maybe more in HW Config. Where did you find that info about resolution?
I've taken it from /drivers/video/mxc/mxc_epdc_fb.c. On Kobo Aura HD it contains more cases:

Quote:
wv_file = (struct mxcfb_waveform_data_file *)fw->data;

if(1==gptHWCFG->m_val.bDisplayResolution) {
printk("%s(%d):EPD 1024x758 \n",__FILE__,__LINE__);
fb_data->cur_mode = &fb_data->pdata->epdc_mode[2];//
}
else if(3==gptHWCFG->m_val.bDisplayResolution) {
printk("%s(%d):EPD 1440x1080 \n",__FILE__,__LINE__);
fb_data->cur_mode = &fb_data->pdata->epdc_mode[5];//
}
else if(2==gptHWCFG->m_val.bDisplayResolution) {
printk("%s(%d):EPD 1024x768 \n",__FILE__,__LINE__);
fb_data->cur_mode = &fb_data->pdata->epdc_mode[3];//
}
else
{
}
Looking at the code I agree that correct value is "3" here, but in Tolino's driver there is only first "if" awailable and you will end with 800x600. You need to add missing cases and copy waveform data.

Quote:
It doesn't work though, it just turns on the frontlight and hangs.
If someone buy me Aura HD I can try to port it

Seriously I would try another way. On the blog with Tolino software there is table with offsets telling where kernel and ramdisk lies.

I would copy original Kobo SD card. Then replace only the kernel from Tolino's device. If it doesn't boot - you know it's the kernel. In that case you need to merge Android only changes to your kernel. But if it boots - you can just unpack ramdisk to ext4 partition and copy other partition content to /system and /data subfolder of the ramdisk structure unpacked to partition and comment out mount section ("mount /system" and "mount /data") in init rc script.

Last edited by MarekGibek; 11-16-2013 at 08:15 AM.
MarekGibek is offline   Reply With Quote