View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #25
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I'm about as likely to read Stephen King as I am to read Elmore Leonard! After Carrie, Salem's Lot, and The Shining, the books seemed to go downhill, and after a few more, I gave up--even took the extreme step of purging the books from the shelves (except for the three aforementioned titles). I think the last straw was some short story of his in which a guy got his arm caught in a machine that then developed a taste for blood and chased people around; it was laughable, not scary.
I think that was "The Mangler" if memory serves. It was in one of his short story collections. Mr. King had worked in a laundry during summers (when he was still a teacher) and used that as part of the basis of the story.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote