Thread: Price sensitive
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #24
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
$170 a year is pretty darned cheap for a hobby. I like to save money whenever I can of course and no way am I paying $20 for the latest Stephen King bookstop but it doesn't bother me to spend $6-7 on a book. Of course I'm not buying 85 books a year either. I probably average 4 per month.
Sure. Many people didnt want to pay $20+ for a hardcover before ereaders were popular and waited for the paperback. Unfortunately when the hardcover comes out the cheaper paperback takes a year to come out, so the ebook price will reflect (in some cases be cheaper) than its hardcover counterpart. But most ebooks i want are priced at paperback prices and I have no problem paying that price.

Books I want that are just released are more in most cases so I dont buy it I just wait until they are reduced to paperback prices, usually when the physical paperback is released. Sometimes its reduced earlier sometimes later. Its the same strategy I used buying physical copies. I always waited for the paperback, unless I absolutely wanted a first copy hardcover right there and than to put on my bookshelf.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote