View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #15
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Almost picked up a tablet today to get in on the action. Fortunately, I came to my senses before I accidentally bought a Coby, Nextbook, or HipStreet (you know the type - 800x480, 1GHz single-core CPU, 512MB RAM [generally less than 250MB free to do anything with] 4GB storage [standard division seems to be 1.4GB for ICS, ~200 for apps you can't remove, ~300 for your own apps, and 2.1GB for non-app storage], crap battery, crap viewing angles for ~$150 - they make the Kobo Vox look quality :P).
I've come across some weird specs in my tablet hunting over the last few weeks, like they snapped up overstock components and just stuck them together.Coby does make some better tablets, but they are priced so close to the competition it's not worth it.

I'm going to miss the fun too. I finally broke down and ordered a refurb Acer yesterday, but the deals will be over by the time it gets here.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote