View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
My dev environment has live links with database, app server, web context, auto-generated documentation, reference docs, class hierarchies, schemas, spell check, version history, build status, code coverage, style checking, integration and unit tests.
Who's IDE doesn't have all that and a bag of chips? That was not my point in the post.

Quote:
In comparison, code on paper (even fancy electronic paper) is 'dead'. The main things I'd be able to review in such a format - style and structure - are already fairly well covered by automated tools that keep a team of over eighty people 'singing from the same sheet'.

I'd still welcome a large format reader - my main reason for jumping into e-books was to reduce the number of two-inch thick reference books I accumulate each year - but the quality and complexity of navigation through code is not something I'd ever expect an e-reader to support.
Not looking to have a reader support code files natively, then again such a tool dedicated to a given language and/or IDE might be a really neat tool...PixelQi on a tablet anyone?

Last edited by brecklundin; 09-19-2009 at 05:41 PM.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote