View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #15
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
No SD card, so I need to type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboyk View Post
I'm on the latest version of Calibre, and I'm running the latest available version of Kobo firmware. And I have both of those options selected (i.e., "Upload covers for books" and "Always upload covers"). Yet, I still get distorted cover images on the Home Screen if I have my margins set to anything but zero.

Anything else I can try?
When the device is connected, open ".kobo\images" on the device. This has all the cover images. Find the covers for the book. If you are using the calibre default save template, the names will look like:

file____mnt_onboard_Corey,_James_S_A__Leviathan_Wa kes_-_James_S_A__Corey_epub - N3_FULL.parsed.parsed
file____mnt_onboard_Corey,_James_S_A__Leviathan_Wa kes_-_James_S_A__Corey_epub - N3_LIBRARY_FULL.parsed
file____mnt_onboard_Corey,_James_S_A__Leviathan_Wa kes_-_James_S_A__Corey_epub - N3_LIBRARY_GRID.parsed

The exact name will depend on the save template you use, but it probably includes the book title. Doing a search for "Leviathan" should find them. If the "N3_LIBRARY_FULL" is not there, that is OK.

The files are just JPEGs with a different extension. You should be able to open then with an image viewer. If not, changing the extension to "JPG" will solve that. When you open them, you can check if they are correctly proportioned. Also, check the size. They should be:
- N3_LIBRARY_FULL - 355*473 - This is used for the Details screen
- N3_FULL - 600*800 - This is used for the Home screen and screensaver
- N3_LIBRARY_GRID - 149*198 - This is used for the library lists.

Also check the timestamps of the files. If calibre created them, the timestamps should be roughly when you sent them over. If the device created them, the timestamps will be whenever it needed to create them but will be in GMT rather than the local timezone.

The last thing we can do is a debug log. That will show me what the driver is doing. I'll send the instructions in a PM.

Quote:
Could you convert a copy of the ePub I sent you that would have this working, just so I can make sure it's an issue with my Calibre settings and not the Kobo itself?
I'll PM a link.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote