View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #1014
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
That does seem to be a work around the problem...still Mantano could fix this.
Can't argue with that... Mantano's current 'solution' is plainly ridiculous. It would be much better if their partially implemented select-a-font feature was instead a select-a-user-css-file feature.

Quote:
I suppose you could have multiple CSS files and just rename them back and forth at will.
Yes, that's exactly what I do.

Quote:
Does this break the epub for other apps?
I'm not 100% sure because I don't do the change in my calibre library. I make the change to the Save-to-disk copies in my DropBox directory. These are only used by my android device. Having quite a lot (too many) different ereader models means I try and keep the master epub in calibre as 'vanilla' as possible. In theory it shouldn't break the epub for other apps because the @import points to your mantano special css file as a relative reference e.g. @import url(res:///../external_sd/ebooks/mantano.css) points at my external SD card's /ebook/mantano.css file, from the point-of-view of Mantano's home dir. As far as I can see, res:/// is equivalent to /sdcard/Mantano from a user perspective. In another app, that reference probably points to a non-existent file which I think would just be ignored. On the other hand, if, by chance, it did point at the mantano css file it may work as originally planned ???

In short, you'd need to try it with your other apps. I (very occasionally) read in CoolReader3, which, as it happens has implemented the select-a-font feature much better. Its standard font feature works OK on the same epubs. I still think Mantano does a better job than CR3 in other epub rendering aspects though.

Last edited by jackie_w; 11-08-2012 at 04:40 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote