View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
we've been secondary prime members for 2 1/2 years. in that time, once in a while we need a single small item, and amazon has always sent it free with our prime membership. today i went to replace a pill crusher we had bought previously by itself at amazon, and there was no button to check out. it said the product was an add-on and would need to be part of an order for $25 or more - and didn't even give me the option to pay for shipping if i preferred.

"The new Add-on program allows Amazon to offer thousands of low-priced items that would be cost-prohibitive to ship on their own. We've kicked off the Add-on program with thousands of new Add-on Items, and we're adding more each day. Add-on Items ship with orders that include $25 or more of items shipped by Amazon, and you can get them delivered to your doorstep with free shipping."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...76660&pop-up=1

i get that it cost amazon lots to send small items, but like i said, they didn't give the option for me to pay for shipping. and it especially seemed unpleasant to launch this program so close to adding sales tax for those of us in california.

anyway, i didn't see a thread about this, and seemed like a good thing for prime members to know about. could be book related, although not ebook related...
Thanks for the heads up. That is pure BS, for those that paid for prime.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote