View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
basilsands
Arctic Warrior
basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!basilsands is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle
Writing with an accent, how do you do it?

In a different thread, folks were talking about using UK vs US spelling for books. This got me thinking about more than just the written word, but the mentally audible words, ie what you hear in your thoughts when you read.

Most of my books have characters from various ethnic/national backgrounds. When I recorded the audiobooks it was easy for distinguish the different people by their accent/voice. Writing it that way was of course different. How would you write the voice of a character from the West Virginia Mountains, Welsh coal territory, Eastern Manchuria, or South Africa. What devices do you as an author use to create the sense that a person is from a particular region?
basilsands is offline   Reply With Quote