View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #20
badass1
badass1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Try this...

First post so please bear with me....

The only email way that I have found is by using Hotmail.

Just attach the epub file unzipped, email it to yourself and then just click on the file and it will download. Then go to your KOBO library and let it search for epub files in your Kobo, it should detect it.

Did you try installing Media Player as previous posted? I have XP and this was the only way that my computer would recognize my Kobo as an external drive, after that I was able to install my backup movies.

There is also another way by using Hotmail SKydrive: (might work with other cloud programs)

Uploaded my books to skydrive, installed Astro file and let it sync with Skydrive. Once there you should be able to just click and download it to your Kobo.

These methods have worked for me, it is not like other Kobo's, I think they have tried to make the Arc a computerless connection.

Cheers and good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
I purchased a kobo arc and tried to copy my books from my PC to the Arc via a USB cable. My books are stored in a program called calibre on my PC. Calibre is not recognising my Arc. I then tried to email myself a book and my Arc would not save it.
I tried downloading an app to recognise the epub file but had no luck. I tried contacting Kobo helpline but because it was not a book bought through kobo. In fact they told me there was no way to add books except ones bought through the kobo stor.
I have two other Kobo's and have always done this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by badass1; 04-16-2013 at 11:35 AM.
badass1 is offline   Reply With Quote