View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 05:33 AM   #27
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirainblack View Post
I'm stuck in diags mode Can't enable USB networking I get to the press x for enable USBnet and the only x I can click is exit at the very bottom, but that does nothing.
Pressing that x should take you out a level in the diags menu, but it DOES start usb networking (if installed). Your host PC should see the kindle as an RNDIS device...

I just upgraded to the "safe" 5.3.0, and it worked fine for me. Then I installed the usb network hack for the main partition.

The "exit diags" menu also works for booting back to main. It will reset the idme bootmode var for you. If it complains about a missing xml file, just select the first diag on the main diag menu (Device Settings) to create that file. Then go disable diags again...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote