View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
AintLDS
No soliciting
AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage and iPhone 8 Plus
K4NT vs. the New $69 Kindle

The New $69 Kindle arrived via FedEx about an hour ago. Some initial impressions:

1. I like the black bezel, slightly more rubberized back, and fit/finish. It somehow feels "softer" in the hand. I don't notice fingerprints. The silver Kindle logo on top looks classier. Overall, a nicer looking device than the K4NT.

2. The screen is noticeably better - more contrast and whiter (less grey?) background. The fonts seem a little bit cleaner and blacker but it may just be the improved contrast with the lighter background.

3. The page turns are slightly faster and cleaner - I'd say the 15% improvement feels about right if that's the case.

I've owned every Kindle since day one. My favorite is the K4NT and with the improvements made in the new $69 Kindle, this is the best yet.
AintLDS is offline   Reply With Quote