View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #57
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjo View Post
I would like to have a complete list of my books visible, because many of them I recognize easies from the cover, not the author or title...
I quite see where you're coming from - the difficulty is that the vertical list display style (or, to be exact, the version of it that regular app developers are allowed to use) will get very stuttery, and will eventually generate an 'out of memory' crash, if you put too many items on it. 50 is OK, but with more than 100, it gets noticeably stuttery and unresponsive. So I had to set a limit.

One possibility would be to pin all your books to the start screen - that start screen appears to use some special Microsoft-only layout style which works fine even with gazillions of items on it. But I can see why you might not want to dedicate that much 'start screen' space just to ebooks. It will become a more sensible plan when Microsoft rolls out the update to let you create 'subfolders' of items on the start sceen (I know that's in the works, though I don't know when exactly).

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now - I will add your requirement to the list of things for future development, and see if I can come up with an approach that works.
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote