View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #13
Caesius
Melancholy Clown
Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Nook Tablet (had Cruz SE & PDN's before)
I thought I should clarify my question: Is there a naming standard for epub files in the Pandigital Novel so it can properly sort by Title and Author? Is this done somewhere other than the file name?

I asked that follow up question because what confuses me most is the 100 classics that were pre-loaded used ISBN (or some number) as the file name...So either the Title & Author info is stored elsewhere, or they pre-loaded 100 books that could never be sorted properly.

Since we get books from various sources, the file names are not going to be formatted the same. So how does the Pandigital identify the Title and the Author -- and how do I input the info for a correct sort?

I've looked everywhere. Chango714 asked about this 2 weeks ago, but I saw no answer. Pandigital's Customer Service is overloaded. And I go to the download section of the Pandigital site and the page is either down or empty. The rest navigates fine. Just not the one they told me to go to for updates. :/

Before I begin to match my thumbnail file names to my epub file names, I need to know what naming standard to use -- or I'll end up doing it all over again for 200 books (x2 since I'm doing both thumbnails and epub). It is bad enough I am going through all of these and manually matching them up (some covers I'm having to create or pull from the net and edit).

Last edited by Caesius; 01-02-2011 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Remove erroneous tip (so much for being helpful)
Caesius is offline   Reply With Quote