View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 02:14 AM   #10
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
After starting from scratch with each book I now have 4 books that display very nicely on my BeBook.

Interesting thing is all four don't pass the epub check test. Most have many of the same errors as they had before as well.

To figure the problem out I eventually went to making a single change with each book, saving the file, loading it to my BeBook and seeing if it displayed. If it did I made another change and repeated and so on. There is probably a much quicker and easier way to do it!

The problem seems to be that the way I tried to change the cover image on these books was wrong. I eventually figured a way to do it for three of the books. However the technique didn't work for the fourth one. I finally just gave up and decided that book didn't need a cover!

I just hope the fact that the files don't pass the epub check doesn't mean that if I ever change ereader the books are not going to display correctly on the new reader. That would be real pain in the butt.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help guys.

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote