View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 11:20 PM   #8
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
First you've got to flash Clockwork Recovery (CWR) - that's a bit tricky and creates some screen issues (multitouch, flicker, sensitivity) - CWR also wipes out the stock recovery so it's tough to go back to a stock Nook.

You also have to flash a new zip through CWR with all of those attendant issues.

Not to take anything from the devs - I mean, it's a great piece of hacking but it looks like a marginal battery improvement - I think I'll wait for "official" BN 2.2 - IMHO, a rooted 2.1 Nook Color is about 99.9% of what I need
Yeah. I'm on the stock launcher and stock keyboard still...I'm happy with the B&N setup with apps in the extras folder.

The only thing I'd like to see would be flash and bluetooth for use with my Plantronics headset (right now I use my BT to headphone adapter though which works fine at work). Hoping we see that before too long.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote