View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #63
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougf4 View Post
I'd venture a guess that this thread and the heightened awareness of the book's very existence will increase her sales five fold.

Thus, there will be a faulty analogy that it was entirely the pricing.
Umm... the nature and basis of the experiment have been discussed earlier in this thread and in the other thread that Robin Spano started about this before she realised that this one existed:

What's A Fair Price For a New Release Ebook?

She's aware of the issue and, in addition to the more detailed discussion in the other thread, already said earlier in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Spano View Post
But there are a lot of smart people here, too. From this post, and from the one I started before I knew about this one, comments here have helped me a lot with the next step of this experiment.

Thanks to suggestions here, I'm going to ask my publisher if they'll try a longer experiment. My original request was for him to lower the ebook's permanent price to $4.99, and this experiment was his way of saying no, and we'll show you that more books won't sell even at $1.99. (Which is why I've been on blogs promoting it - it was important to me that more books sold this week - so I have a leg to stand on for future discussions.)

So since the results are something real, I think my next step is to ask him for a more comprehensive experiment - a few months at the price I like - $4.99.
As far as increase in sales, she also posted earlier in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Spano View Post
If anyone's curious about the results, I only have unofficial info from Kindle at the moment - my publisher is still waiting to hear back from Apple and Kobo. Seems bizarre that electronic sales information isn't instant, but that's life in a bizarre industry. Anyway, these preliminary results have the book selling approx 30x the normal amount in a given week.
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote