View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #43
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
I'm not sure that pdf is here to stay. Last year's report from O’Reilly:

They should have the numbers for 2011 soon, but if it follows the trend, pdf is going down.
I'm not exactly sure how to interpret that chart, but it looks like each category has its sales normalized to 100% over the last three years, and it's showing the relative changes per year within that category. If so, I'm not so sure how meaningful these numbers are, because O'Reilly's EPUB offerings were not very good even two years ago. I have an O'Reilly account, and know that once you purchase a copy, you get to download it in any format you want, as often as you want. I always download both PDF and EPUB copies (at no extra cost). They really improved their EPUB books about a year and a half ago, and I can easily see more people actually downloading them again after that. PDF's, on the other hand, have been stable for a long time, and there's no reason to get another copy if you downloaded one already three years ago. So, there is probably a mix of market and technical influences in that plot.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote