View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 02:41 AM   #22
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I was looking for that post.

Once you have the libraries created you should just be able to switch back and forth easy enough within calibre itself. Currently the tag browser doesn't seem to update when you switch between libraries. Kovid says this is a bug and I created Ticket #5712 to have it looked at.
Curious. I put a test book in my second library that created using the method quoted below. The tag browser seemed to be behaving just fine when I switched between librarys via the Welcome Wizard. The numbers were appropriate for each library.

I can't use Jumplist because I'm still running XP and will be for a while (sniff, sniff).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
The Wizard is on the black arrow pulldown to the right of the Preferences button ("Run Welcome Wizard"). Make a directory (I use "Library2"), copy the metadata.db file from your current library into that directory, then run the CW and point to the new directory. Then start Calibre. It will look like you still have the same books - delete them - they aren't really there. Now add any books you want into this new library. (I'd still use the virtual library method, but it's up to you.) You can use the Wizard to switch back and forth within seconds after you have it set up.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote