View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #170
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Ok, here's another update

Rie142, CWatkinsNash - this might fix your issues, please give it a try. Thanks for asking about this - I really need people to report any issues with their specific environments as I'm more than happy to work on fixing them.
Yes, yes it did fix my issues. Thank you!! So much happiness in that little zip file. And I must say, the preview feature, though it's been here for a few iterations of the plugin, is brilliant. It's obviously good so people can see changes before they commit to them, but it's also a "Debug Lite". Very helpful.

Quote:
CWatkinsNash - what can I say, but thanks for a thorough test and explanation. Its great to have the support of others!
You're quite welcome. I'm happy to offer what little help I can give.

Quote:
The plugin was reading and using all the metadata.calibre data. But Calibre saves information on every book on the Kindle - even books no longer in Calibre. But it does flag which ones are in Calibre and which aren't. I was parsing all of them, until now. Version 1.3.3 should skip over any tags/columns in books that aren't in Calibre, which it should have done from the beginning.
That explains everything perfectly and it is now working as you describe. Again, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Does anyone else find it takes several minutes before Calibre starts responding again when they connect or eject? (Even with only a handful of books on the Kindle)?
Yes, and it seems more extreme than it is because of the way it runs separate processes. The GUI takes a backseat while the jobs start running and there's no immediate visual feedback about what's going on. When I first started using calibre, I had to train myself to leave it alone till it becomes responsive again. It really does look like it's crashing sometimes, but I've accepted that it wants to be left alone when it's busy. I can relate.