View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 08:26 AM   #14
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab7vf View Post
you might check out "papercrop"
(google is your friend)
PaperCrop converts the PDF to a .gif sequence of images, which means you lose any ability to use search or dictionary functions with your PDF. It'll also radically increase the size of the file. Still it IS useful for many purposes, especially if you have a multi-column PDF you want to make readable on a 6" screen by splitting the columns.

Quote:
I had the oppportunity to use Adobe Acrobat 7 once. If you select the dedicated option for it, it is able to crop cleanly a pdf book, taking out all whitespace page by page (taking into account that some pages in the book can have a variable text content). It seems the end result is a really cropped pdf. Am I wrong?
I don't know. I do have a copy of Adobe Acrobat (> 7) but almost never use it; I was mainly going by what others say on these forums. I don't remember a "dedicated" option but perhaps didn't look hard enough.

The PDF reading firmware on the Sony is made by Adobe, so I don't think you could tell testing with it.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote