View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I had been meaning to pitch in on this thread, but I just haven't had the time. DanielCoffey got you the main pathway through doing it in the terminal (although, shouldn't the first word in the line to execute the command be "python?" if you just type in "scriptname... " it will be looking for "scriptname.exe." )

The main point I wanted to make was that this can all be automated through the quick and simple creation of an Applescript. If you're new to Mac, this is the tool you should really try to teach yourself. It will permit you to generate a small GUI applet onto which you can drag and drop your files for conversion without ever having to drop into terminal.

I'll upload my Applescript for the Python script I normally use when I get home tonight (no, it does not include the script itself), and you can either just use it, or open it in order to understand the power of the language. Essentially, anything you can do in the terminal, you can also do in the GUI by making a bit of Applescript code with "do shell script..."
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote