View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
I read a reference about it in an old post from you some days ago...
Ok, IREX is based on v0.8.7. I've attached the diff. Relevant part is at the end of the file.
I will compare the new version with xournal (I noticed that I broke the Import function of Xournal...)
Quote:
Nop. Which would be the benefits? turn on the led "only" or does it also avoid enter into micro-suspend mode?
Yes you will prevent it from entering micro-suspend, there is a version with 'bg' and a version without. bg is for background, so the bg version will not show the Please Wait dialog.
Quote:
How do you feel about speed?
Any interesting missing feature not mentioned in my first email?
I did not experiment too much with the speed, so I cannot say anything on the speed. I assume that much could be won when creating a pre-fetch of the next page in the background. Since the one in UDS is broken it could make the reading experience for complicated documents (e.g. magazines) better then with the UDS.
W.r.t. the missing features, I would like annotations, I use it to mark interesting parts in magazines so that I can quickly find them when re-reading the magazines. (This is the reason that I created the 'Import pages with annotations only' function in xournal.) But maybe I can do the same with the text-based annotation that you already planned.
I would like for bookmarks that it is possible to enter a comment, that is what I currently mis in the native version. It should then also be possible to get a text-only overview of bookmarks.

(I will come up with more features when you progress with the implementation :-)
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote