View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain View Post
I've around 5,000 paperbacks which are moldering in my garage and I would like to digitise them.

With this number, I need to feed them automatically (more or less) and I need the feeder to be reasonably reliable for 10x17cm pages. Ideally it will be duplex.

I'm prepared to spend some money on this both for hardware and software, but there are clearly limits.

I would appreciate any suggestions or input that you have.
Can't help with the hardware side, I scan books with a standard flatbed scanner.
Best place to ask would be the Distributed Proofreaders site (www.pgdp.net), there are people there who scan in bulk. (Specifically the Content Providers forum)

For software the standard OCR software is Abbyy FineReader.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote