View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #120
jswinden
Nameless Being

As far as battery life on Android goes, the tests are not very realistic. I've owned four Android tablets and one Android phone. All do well when new and before you install a bunch of apps, but many apps behaving badly results in sub par battery performance. Android devices do a horrible job of battery management and since many apps for Android are so poorly written they cause many battery usage issues. At best Android devices are flaky when it comes to battery usage. My iPad doesn't seem to have these issues nor does my iPod touch 5, but the earlier iPod touch generations were as bad as Android on battery usage. My point is that a device might test out well on battery usage but if in real life it gets terrible battery life due to issues with the OS then the battery tests are total rubbish. I don't care for Apples closed system, but at least the high fence they built around their system does a good job of keeping out the riff raff programmers whereas Androids lack of any fence lets them in with open arms.