View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #26
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Since the book was free today, I downloaded it and read it. I can confirm that it's nothing like Groundhog Day. It's more like the tv shows Quantum Leap or Awake.
I.e., the main character dies and then finds himself in a completely different situation and has to think on his feet.
All in all, the book is well written and definitely entertaining, but after experiencing the umpteenth death of the main character with only minimal potential clues as to what this is all about it gets a bit repetitive.

@tipplej: Since your book is thematically somewhat similar to Awake you might be successful in pitching the idea of an official tie-in novel to the producers.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote