View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 04:20 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
First, I believe this will popularize electronic reading like no other device has done (even the Kindle). Second, I think e-ink screens will be obsoleted within a year (unless we get color and then only if it's implemented well). Third, the 'amateur' publishing industry will be crushed as Apple will more than likely have a strict 'vetting' policy in place like it does for the app store - and I'm betting that's how they got the publishers on board in the first place. If you're an independent writer, be prepared to have your work scrutinized and rejected like so many app developers in the past, before it even gets near the iBook level.

Apple have basically cornered the mobile and possibly home multimedia market outright - games, movies, music, and now books. If they offered an x86/64 version of their OS then I'd bet they'd take the lion's share of the PC market also.

I'm not making judgments on any of this, nor do I believe it is right or wrong, I just think this is what is bound to happen now.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote