View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 05:55 AM   #12
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
Quote:
The 21st century model should be, you buy content at a certain a level of quality, and then are entitled to it in all media forms.
Great word...ENTITLED. What are you ENTITLED to? As Americans, (if u happen to be in the US) life liberty & the pursuit of happiness? That word implies a God Given Right to something. Younger folks (Typically) have a skewed notion of what they are ENTITLED to. Gimme, gimme, gimME!

We also have this concept of Free Enterprise....I work hard to make money, so I can buy stuff!!! Companies are ENTITLED (ahem) to charge you for their 'stuff'!!! People like you and me work for them...we need those jobs for all that stuff we buy!!

Quote:
Does it occur to you that the publisher of the printed version and the digital version may be two different companies in some cases? So why should publisher B give you something for free you paid publisher A for?
Yep....ya probably should think these things thru a little more.

Quote:
Now this won't happen unless we all self-organize and enlist journalists and congressmen in order for this to happen. In fact it applies to the whole ebook arena. What do you guys think? What is already done or being done on this front
No "front"....it's a non-issue....no Pete Seeger singing a Woody Guthrie song about solidarity, unite-ing, organizing.
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote